How We’re Different
Comparing Startup Alliance to other communities for entrepreneurs
How we’re different from Entrepreneur’s Organization
The Entrepreneur’s Organization is an excellent source of knowledge, national and regional events, face-to-face and online learning. Membership is by invitation only and applicants must be an owner, founder or majority stakeholder of a business earning $1M or more annually. Global dues are over $2K plus an initiation fee. Chapter dues are on top of global dues and vary based on each individual chapter policies.
Startup Alliance is open to all with significantly lower membership costs when compared to Entrepreneur’s Organization. Startup Alliance is an online community with a global focus on collaboration to help entrepreneurs connect with qualified peers regardless of where they’re located.
Additionally, Startup Alliance provides a growing set of productivity and focus enhancing tools and community resources giving new capabilities to Entrepreneur’s Organization members. Each member, even those who join for free, receive a unique TrueInsight Profile™ they can use across all social media and within other entrepreneur communities to help people everywhere get to know them.
How we’re different from Indie Hackers
Indie Hackers is a vibrant online knowledge sharing community for product makers and entrepreneurs. The site also has interviews where entrepreneurs share stories of their entrepreneurial journey. It’s free to join and all members can participate in discussion forums, create product listings and post articles. Indie Hackers was created by Courtland Allen in 2016 and acquired by Stripe in 2017.
Startup Alliance also offers free membership plus two other subscription based memberships with additional features. Adding value to Indie Hacker membership, Startup Alliance provides a growing set of productivity and focus enhancing tools and community resources. Each member, even those who join for free, receive a unique TrueInsight Profile™ they can use on Indie Hackers and social media and other communities to help people everywhere get to know them.
How we’re different from Vistage
Over 60 years old, Vistage is a business coaching company. Vistage assembles business executives into peer groups based on professional title and also provides one-to-one coaching, interactive workshops and online resources. Membership prices range from around $13K to $17K annually (tiered based on revenue) for CEOs with lower fees for key executives like VPs, COO, CFO, etc. Vistage maintains a large group of executive coaches and pairs them with the appropriate members.
Startup Alliance is open to all with significantly lower membership costs when compared to Vistage. Startup Alliance is an online community with a global focus on collaboration to help entrepreneurs connect with qualified peers regardless of where they’re located. Startup Alliance is the only entrepreneurs community featuring Collaboration Workspaces for Companies and Private Alliances to unite the efforts compatible entrepreneurs to ask questions, get answers, gain deeper insights and broader perspectives. Each member, even those who join for free, receive a unique TrueInsight Profile™ they can use on Vistage, social media and face-to-face to help the people they meet get to know them.
How we’re different from Founder Cafe
Founder Cafe is an excellent invite-only private discussion forum for self-funded entrepreneurs. Membership is by invitation only. Applicants go through a vetting process to insure a good fit with the community and membership fees are $99 each calendar quarter.
Of great benefit to Founder Cafe members, Startup Alliance has Collaboration Workspaces for Companies and Private Alliances where well suited entrepreneurs help each other meet their challenges, gain deeper insights and gain broader perspectives. Each member, even those who join for free, receive a unique TrueInsight Profile™ they can use on Founder Cafe and throughout social media and other communities and meetups to help people everywhere get to know them.
Additionally, Startup Alliance has a unique collection of community resources available to all members, even those who join for free.
- Discussion forums covering a range of subjects of interest to all entrepreneurs.
- Wiki-style knowledge base where members gain hard-won knowledge and startup wisdom created by and for our members.
- Online live events including lectures, AMAs and hangouts organized by members, staff and special guests.
- Global virtual office for co-working and real time collaboration with entrepreneurs from around the word.
How we’re different from local and regional entrepreneur gatherings
Face-to-face entrepreneur gatherings are excellent — if you can find one near you. The problem is, that’s not an option if you don’t live in a startup hub or if you can’t afford to travel.
Startup Alliance is an online entrepreneurs community that comes as close as possible to meeting face-to-face in a gathering of your peers, talking about business and helping each other meet challenges and set strategy.
Especially during their co-founder search, our TrueInsight Profile™ is a powerful way meetup attendees have to present their entrepreneurial credentials and discover the potential of the co-founder candidates they meet.
How we’re different from startup accelerators and incubators
There are 10s of thousands of accelerators and incubators around the world. Each offering some combination of mentorship, advice, co-working and capital. Each asking the startup for compensation in the form of rent for offices space, equity or fee for services of some kind.
Startup Alliance provides complementary value added online functionality to all participants in all accelerators and incubators. Even free Associate Membership provides access to robust community resources and paid memberships offer even more capabilities. Especially useful in co-working environments where frequent new connections are made, our TrueInsight Profile™ is a great way to introduce yourself, choose mentors and quickly get to know potential co-founders.
10 things making Startup Alliance special:
- Inclusive — Membership is open to all committed entrepreneurs regardless of level of experience or the type of business they operate. Membership is also open to advisors, mentors and investors.
- Affordable — Startup Alliance offers low-cost subscription memberships and a free tier with benefits beyond what others charge for. We never want money to stand in the way of our members working towards their entrepreneurial dreams.
- TrueInsight Member Profiles — In addition to adding our social profiles and mission statement, we rate ourselves on a standard set of 18 startup skills and 12 personal traits. This way, we learn more about the people we interact with and we’re better equipped to make optimal connections with the right people. These profiles are publicly accessible and sharing it throughout your social media is a great way to help people get to know you
- We’re all about collaboration — Our roots carry all the way back to founder peer groups in Seattle starting in 1999. Today, like then, we believe that all committed entrepreneurs have knowledge and ideas to share and help to provide their peers.
- Virtual Offices — More companies all the time are geographically dispersed and forego the traditional physical office. That’s why we provide our members with access to the Global Virtual Office and numerous private virtual offices for real-time co-working and hangouts.
- Multiple levels of privacy — Sometimes you want to keep your discussions private. Sometimes you want to ask a question of the entire community. Startup Alliance offers community wide discussion forums in The Nucleus and private forums in each Private Alliance and Company Workspace. There are also private member-to-member direct messages for when you need to go one-on-one.
- Live Events — Events are organized by members, staff and guest experts and include lectures, AMAs and hangouts on topics of interest to entrepreneurs. These events occur online using your webcam or mobile device.
- Private Alliances build better entrepreneurs — Inspired by Mastermind Groups, a Private Alliance is an online gathering place with collaboration tools where you can work privately with a small group of entrepreneurs to ask questions, get answers, participate in live events, gain deeper insights and broader perspectives. There are topic specific Private Alliances you can join, plus you can create your own and decide who to invite.
- Collaboration Workspaces make companies more effective — This is where business leaders unite the efforts of their company staff, advisors, consultants and investors. This is where they team up to set objectives for the company, discuss and overcome challenges and track their progress towards their ultimate success. Learn more about the tools within each Collaboration Workspace.
- We are accelerating the globalization of entrepreneurship — The Startup Alliance Foundation provides services and technology to incubators, accelerators and governmental and non-governmental economic development entities. Our work helps them improve the entrepreneurial landscape in their communities and augment the skills, knowledge and abilities of the entrepreneurs they support.
The Startup Alliance™ backstory:
For years, I’ve mentored entrepreneurs, helping them turn ideas into successful companies. I’ve seen how distractions and lack of knowledge slow them down and hold them back. I’ve seen them struggle to find and connect with the right people and get the help they need to thrive.
That’s why we created this unique set of tools and resources for committed entrepreneurs. Our mission is to maximize your success and help you connect and collaborate with the people that can help you most.
Join us and achieve your entrepreneurial dreams — no matter where you live.